IBIZA TOWN HALL
The Ibiza Town Hall occupies the premises of the former Dominican convent since 1838.
The convent was one of the last founded by the Dominicans in the Balearic Islands in the 16th century. The first seat of the convent was in Jesus, occupying the dependencies of the parish until its transfer to the interior of the walled city in 1587. The following year, with a solemn act, the inauguration of the houses bought by the University was celebrated for build the convent, whose works were delayed throughout the seventeenth century: so in 1674, the cloisters were not yet finished and the religious did not have comfortable rooms.
The community of religious was dissolved in 1835 and after the confiscation, the building became the property of the State that assigned it to the Ibiza City Hall, jail and other services. The current building, after several transformations forced by the needs of users, preserves a cloister of the convent as well as the old refectory, destined previously to Plenary Hall.
ADDRESS: IBIZA TOWN HALL – C/ de la Mare de Déu, 91, 07800 Ibiza