SES COVES BLANQUES LIGHTHOUSE
The construction of the lighthouse was completed in 1897, the year it came into operation. Although the town was growing and their flashes had to be modified so as not to confuse their lights with the lighting of the houses, the construction of the harbour dyke meant the definitive death of the lighthouse. The beacon of the dyke replaced the function of the Ses Coves Blanques Lighthouse, it was finally deactivated in 1963. Although the lights of the lighthouse were not used, the building remained the dwelling of the lighthouse keepers. Currently, the lighthouse is used as an exhibition hall and its use as a museum is projected.
ADDRESS: SES COVES BLANQUES LIGHTHOUSE – C/ d’Alemanya, 1, 07820 Sant Antoni de Portmany